Re: Support Changes

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 02:29, Denice uttered:
> By these measures the support for 7.3 might end in a few months.  Okay,
> probably longer if you argue what this phrase means:
>
>  "Beginning with the 8.0 release, Red Hat will provide errata maintenance
>   for at least 12 months from the date of initial release."
>
> But one year is just too short when I think of the differences between 7.3
> and 8.0..  Red Hat _still_ hasn't produced a patch for PHP that would make
> the combination of apache2 and php a stable combination on 8.0.  This makes
> 8.0 in MY books unsuitable for a heavy duty apache-php web server  -- and
> as we all know there are a _lot_ of small red hat web servers out there...
>
> One year is just too short.  So why make official statements that imply
> that it could happen?  Red Hat will-be-flamed/is-being flamed for this --
> and deservedly so.

Did you even read the page, where it stated that certian popular releases may
see longer support periods?

BTW, what doesn't work for you wrt php and apache2?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: