RE: What programming languages are available for Linux?

Thanks Peter,

I finally found a couple links that gave me ideas about what to search
for.  I will search for some of the items you mentioned.  I should have
specified that I was hoping for Open Source or inexpensive products.  I
don't want to go to Oracle.  They once wanted to find me $5000 for not
upgrading their $500 package I bought years ago.  They are too rich for
my blood.

I used to program in dBase almost as a second nature.  I have never had
any luck programming in C.  I gave it up years ago due to lack of
support and the time it required to learn to do some of the simplest
things.  I don't really want to learn a whole new language, but if there
were one easy enough to learn that had a good visual interface like
visual basic I might be interested.  If it happens to have a windows
version as well, it would be a plus.

I guess that saving time in being able to do all the little things I
want to do is the important thing, but my budget doesn't permit me to
farm out much of the work.

Thanks for your response. I will look them up now.

Buck