I am ready to throw my mouse out the window!

I setup Linux with a ps2 wheel mouse.  When I move the mouse it runs out
of mouse pad before going from edge to edge on the desktop/monitor.

I set the sensitivity and speed to maximum so it moves farther and
faster but it isn't enough.  It is a pain to have to pick up the mouse
twice to move the curser across the screen.

Any suggestions?

Buck