Re: Anti-spam

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 08:36, Buck uttered:
> Find the open relays and block the providing isp.  Inform the isp that
> none of the users on your isp will have access to or from any of their
> websites or customers and their ips won't be forwarded through your
> system.  Pressure the isps to police their systems.  I believe it is
> getting to the point that we just need to block all china addresses as
> it appears that most people are finding open relays in china.  If china
> loses access to western internet, then maybe the government will want to
> act more respectfully against internet abuse.  Of course that goes for
> other isps as well.

Using the ORDB (Open Relay Data Base) as a filter works great too.  It checks
the incoming email against a huge database of openrelay servers.  I recently
enabled my Courier system to use ORDB, and it cut my spam by a huge amount.
Sure, some still get through, but then it's easier to block them on a domain
(return-path) basis, instead of trying to block people that can change their
return-path at the drop of a hat (or letter in this case).

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: