squid build

Hi,

I was setting up squid on RH 8 to use NCSA_AUTH and it wasn't working
and there was no 'ncsa_auth' module to be found on the system.
I looked into the .src RPM spec file and found that the default build
has ./configure with NCSA,LDAP,SMB auth all turned on so the binary
knows to use them if they are available -but- further down in the spec
file,
where the script would 'cd' to each of these module source code
directories,
 the 'make' commands are commented out with #.  I can't understand why
RH
wouldn't just build these few modules?. They must feel a security risk
is there[?]
I uncommented the few lines and rebuilt the RPM and all is good.
What's the deal?
Comments welcome,

Kevin B