Re: Redhat's Bind config tool

On 20 Jan 2003 19:26:37 -0800
"Scot L. Harris" <webid@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Based on that information in your email, it looks like the tool you
> are using left out the origin statement.  This would have the affect
> of allowing you to use the www name and bind would have appended the
> domain automatically in response to a query.

Hi,

I'll take a look at that to be sure.  That would explain the prob w/ the
zone
file but not the weird /etc/named.conf.  I'm in the RH300
class this week and I spoke w/ the trainer and he said RH doesn't
reccomend
using redhat-config-bind yet as it's 'too buggy' at this time.

Best to use the command line as usual ;)
Thanks Scot,

Kevin