Re: Redhat 8.0, PHP, Apache 2 and MySQL

Mark Patrick wrote:
Hello,
I have seen some people on the list trying to get PHP, MySQL, and Apache 2 working together on Redhat 8.0. I have it all running together on many boxes.

I wrote a guide at: http://www.patrickservices.com/software/guides/guides.html if anyone is interested. I wrote this mainly for myself, but others may be able to use it.
Mark,

Your guide is very detailed and helpful. However, I was wondering why you recompiled all the packages from source? Other than the upgrade of PHP to 4.3 from 4.2.2, were there some options you needed that were not in the default Red Hat packages?

I have that mix running on several servers using the default Red Hat packages.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+