RE: RHCE and RHCT

Message: 3
From: "Jason Dale" <redhat@maxxess.co.za>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Subject: RHCE and RHCT
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:32:49 +0200

<snip>
so I am looking for a Red Hat 8 book
to buy that I can use to develop a high degree of 'real world'=20
competency in Linux , an can also be used to effectively prepare
for the RH exams.

The book I *highly* recommend to you, is "Red Hat Linux 8 Bible" by Christopher Negus. It was *not* written with the idea of preparation for certification exams, but I believe it is an excellent book, that will serve you well.

I'd purchased the version for Red Hat Linux 7.3 and read about 400 pages of that version and then I ordered the version for Psyche and donated the 7.3 book to the library at the university where my wife is a student. So, I'm a repeat customer. I will probably read it 2 or 3 times, since I'm a "Newbie".

"Running Linux" is also an excellent book (I have the 3rd edition, but I believe the 4th edition is now available), but it is *not* limited to Red Hat Linux.

Jason, I recommend those two (2) books to you, highly. I've paid for both of them and for shipping them to Colombia. The one I refer to the majority of the time is the "Red Hat Linux 8 Bible".

HTH,

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America

P.S.
Not nice to post to the list in HTML format. Use Text for your e-mails to the list. Sorry for the delayed reply to your post.