Re: RH 8.0 DVD

--- Klaasjan Brand <kjb@dds.nl> wrote:
> A while ago someone posted a "recipe" for creating a
> DVD ISO from the psyche CD ISO downloads. I've tried
> it and it worked, including booting from DVD. It's
> on:

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/psyche-list/2002-October/000323.html
Interesting, I didn't see that.  However, I am more
interested in seeing Red Hat or someone else offer the
DVD *disc* by itself (as opposed to having an ISO
available for download -- good God, I wonder how long
it would take to download such a file <g>), in a nice
jewel case (not those extra thin cases), for whatever
price.

IIRC I saw on amazon.com a book called "Red Hat Linux
8: A Complete Reference", and it includes a DVD.  Is
this DVD the exact same copy of the DVD that Red Hat
provides?

> Go with what your DVD player supports. I've had
> problems with DVD+R/RW in a Pioneer 106 drive; older
> DVD drives may have problems with any kind
> of DVD+/-/R/W type, but most seem to do fine.
Going OT again, I *do* have a Pioneer 106S, so what
format does it support?

BP