RE: Ipchains

Vasyl,
That particular question belongs on the Valhalla-list which is for Redhat
7.3.

I'm sure many of your questions could be answered in the Linux HOWTO
documents.  Take your time in learning about Linux, reading the background
documentation on how the underlying system works.

	http://www.tldp.org/docs.html

For example when I implemented Firewalls on my system I just used the Redhat
lokkit utility to create my custom firewall rules for ipchains/iptables.

Then I looked at the rules and tried to determine what firewall rules were
implemented.
I selected various services and added them to my firewall (using lokkit) and
repeated the process until I started to understand how the rules worked.
It took me a few weeks until I felt comfortable enough with ipchains and
iptables to actually apply them to a production system.