hostname

This is a very stupid question, I have read the man page, but it doesn't
seem to agree with what I am seeing.
Where is hostname set? I have my net setup for dhcp, the
server/gateway(windows) has the hosts file but the ip addresses and
names don't agree with it.

I even tried shutting off all computers, booting the dhcp/gateway then
bringing up the others one at a time. This didn't work either, one of
the computers has the correct ip but the wrong hostname.

Can someone point me where to look?

--
Regards,

Steve Sykes