how to synchronize palm device with evolution

I must be missing something really obvious.

I have my Palm (actually, one of the new Kyocera 7135 Palm phones) all
set and working with pilot-link via the serial port.  Evolution's Palm
config thing can talk to my Palm.

However, my contacts don't show up in Evolution.  In fact, in a HotSync,
nothing seems to happen at all except a brief "HotSync in Progress".
When I go to the Pilot Tool, it says the Sync Type is "Use conduit
settings".  But there is nowhere I can find to configure the
"conduits".  The old GNOME Control Center used to have this
configuration, but in Red Hat 8.0 I don't see how this works.

I just want my Palm address book to show up in Evolution.  What does it
take?  Thanks,

Raul