RE: More ext3 partition resizing issues (SOLUTION)

Okay guys here comes the solution.

It was really relatively trivial. I decided to reinstall grub on my linux partition, so all I had to do was boot into 'linux rescue' off the cd, then 'chroot /mnt/sysimage' (just to be safe) and then simply run grub stage2 natively like so:

#> grub
grub#> setup (hd0,5)

this reinstalled grub stage1 on the bootsector of hda6 (where my linux partition is).

I then re-peeled the bootsector of /dev/hda6 and did a binary diff, it was different to my post-resizing bootsector, so I used this new peeled bootsector to chain load GRUB from the WIN2k boot loader, and all was well.

Thanks for all your help