access time-outs with mozilla and Inbox Monitor

Hi,

I assume both errors are related, that's why I post them together.

1) With mozilla (1.0.1-26), if I click on a link, sometimes a windows with
the following text pops up:

The connection was refused when attemting to contact ...

However, a second click usually is successful, and I connect.

2) I use the "Inbox Monitor" as notification for emails.  Also, once in a
while, a window with the following text pops up:

The Inbox Monitor failed to check your mails and thus automatic updating
has been deactivated for now.  Maybe you used a wrong server, username or
password?

To get it running again, I have to do the usual clicky-do in preferences.
I could solve the problem by specifying my IMAP-server password in the
mask, but don't like it, because it is saved plain text.

I assume both problems stem from a too short polling/request/you-name-it
time.  Where can I increase this time, either individually, or in general?

Strangely, I get this behaviour not only at home, but also in the lab,
with high speed ethernet connection, though it seems to be less frequent.
Furthermore, I haven't had any problems with RH72, before upgrading.

Cheers,

Michael