How to update evolution?

I had updated my evolution to evolution-1.2.1-2 (from rawhide) some
times ago. Now I would like to update to evolution-1.2.1-4 (or reinstall
1.2.1-2, but it's no longer in rawhide), because there are some problems
with my installation. The new version requires newer version of several
libs, esp. libcrypto and libssl, which seems to be delivered by the
openssl package. If I try to update openssl it is rejected because there
are many many progs which depend of libcrypto/libssl.so.2 which should
be replaced by *.so.4 by the update.

I don't like to update all these programs (postgresql, samba, kdebase,
...) which work quite fine. May I force an update of openssl and will it
not break all the other progs or should I force an update of evolution
and will it work with the older lib, too?

How to proceed?

Thanks for advice.
Peter

P.S.
The problem with my installation: When I click on tools -> pilot conduit
settings nothing happens at all. I can't configure the conduit. The
current configuration seems to be broken because the palm sync does not
effect calendar and TODO, just the addresses.

--
Peter Boy <pboy@barkhof.uni-bremen.de>
Univiversity of Bremen