RE: fc-cache and NT Font weirdness..

I wouldn't be able to mount the file system or link to it without a
recompile, sorry I thought that was obvious from by description. I don't
want to enable write though as I know that there are still some issues
though with writes to an NTFS filesystem so I can't just link the directory.
I must link the contents of the WIN2K fonts directory to my font directory
(/usr/local/share/fonts/win). The program fc-cache doesn't see the files if
they are soft linked to the NTFS partition. It does if they are linked to
the Win98 FAT partition. If I copy the Win2K fonts with cp, no problem, so I
guess the fonts are ok. My theory is that perhaps fc-cache is looking to
open the files for write (allowed from LINUX under FAT but not under NTFS).

Thanks anyway,

Hugh Kennedy
Oakweald Ltd