Re: Screen Savers on RH8 causing lockups

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 09:12, Robert Styma wrote:
> The default action on a RH8.0 node is to go through
> a series of amazing and amusing screen savers.  When
> you touch the mouse the machine jumps back to life.
> Certain of these seem to lock up the machine taking
> 100% of the CPU and preventing the unlock.  The
> mobius screen saver is one of them.  The only fix
> has been to telnet in from another node and kill the
> screen saver process.
>
> 1.  Has anyone else seen this?

I have had no problems with any of the screensavers, including Moebius.
Maybe it's an OpenGL issue on your system?

> 2.  Is there a way to edit the list of screen savers
>     used so I can start paring out the offending ones?

I suspect that if you un-check the boxes in the list of screensavers,
(in the Screensaver Preferences GUI tool) then they will be disabled
from the random chooser. It seems to work for me, anyway.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA