Re: how do I install to Hw RAID (Promise 20265 Fasttrak 100)

Charles A. Crayne wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:30:49 -0500
> "Peter Larsen" <plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com> wrote:
>
>> Samuel Flory wrote:

> As to Linux seeing the individual IDE drives, it will do so unless,
> and until, you null out the IDE ports which do not contain non-raid
> IDE drives. The instructions for doing so are included in the driver
> documentation.

I'm never going to get used to the oxymoron IDE RAID :)
I was referring to SCSI RAID controllers - not IDE - which I've never have, nor will, use.
The ones I've used, have NO clue how the hardware behind the controller is configured.

Regards
  Peter Larsen