Advise on setting up sendmail without SMART_HOST

Hi,

I currently have a small home network and a cable connection,
I have just setup some webservers and host my own internal DNS, that
forwards requies not in my domain to my ISP's domain servers and will
be using dynamic domain name services from dyndns.org, to allow a mapping of a domain to my
external IP, which will then get port forwarded to an internal DMZ web
server.

Currently I have a sendmail server setup that uses the SMART_HOST in
the sendmail.cf to forward mails not destined for my local
internal network to my ISP's smtp server which then delivers it to
the correct host.

Seen I will be having this new domain pointed towards my IP address, I
would like to host *MY* own mail server for my new domain, as the
administration site of dyndns.org allows me to specify an MX entry, which I would point
towards my IP.

After batteling over the README for sendmail and looking through their
site and several readme's online, I'm still not sure how I would go
about this, as I would like my smtp server to send the outging mails
destined for another domain straight the the correct server, rather
than using blueyonders smtp server (this removing the need for
SMART_HOST.

I may have got this completely mixed up, as sendmail has never been my
strong point (as you probally gathered)
Sorry for any confusion that I may cause.

Thanks in advance

Mark