RE: Wireless Mini-PCI

Norman,

Excellent!  Let me just make sure I understand how you did it.

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 18:56, Norman E. Brake, Jr. wrote:

> What I found was that Cisco's install script just placed the module in
> the modules directory.  You had to insmod it manually to get past the
> "radio not found" message from their setup utility.  The module that
> worked was mpi350.o (I think, the T30 isn't here at the moment to
> verify).  Adding it to /etc/modules.conf with an alias to eth1 seemed to
> straighten that problem out.
> I got it to work with no WEP encryption and manual configuration and
> route setup but not yet working automatically on boot with DHCP.  Still
> playing with it.

I'm new to this so I'm going to have to go through this step by step.
If you could just review and make sure I've got it.

tar -zxvf Linux-ACU-Driver-v2.0.tar.gz tmp/
cd tmp
sh kpiinstall

I had to modify this script so it could access /sbin/ifconfig because I
kept getting a message that no other eth interfaces existed.  Is there
another way?

Then ...

/sbin/insmod mpi350
emacs /etc/modules.conf

Add the line
alias eth1 mpi350

Does that seem right?  Does the kpiinstall script place all the modules
in the modules directory?  I wonder if the ACU works setting it up
correctly.

Thanks for your help.

mg