RE: Sendmail masquerading

Since I configure sendmail for multiple domains, I don't know how much help
I can offer. Adding a feature like MASQUERADE_AS would cause me all kinds of
grief.

With that in mind...

I did power up a RH-8.0 system and using the stock redhat supplied
sendmail.mc, I simply added the following to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl

Then rebuilt my sendmail.cf file: m4 sendmail.mc >sendmail.cf
...and of course restarted sendmail.

Thats it!

When I sent an e-mail from this system, my from address was properly
re-written. Prior to adding the above MASQUERADE_AS feature, my from address
contained the user@host.mydomain.com as you stated above.

BTW: In your .mc file above -- MASQUERADE_AS is duplicated and is entered
incorrectly. The domain name should be enclosed in back-quote/quotes (like
the first entry).

that's my two bits.
Steve Cowles