VNC+Gnome Desktop

Apologies if this has been asked + answered, but google did not turn up
the answer I am seeking.

My Setup: RH8.0, VNCServer 3.3.x, Gnome Desktop 2 (that shipped with
RH8)

I want to be able to connect to my machine using either the browser or
vncviewer and get the gnome desktop to appear on the remote machine.
This is what my ~/.vnc/xstartup looks like now:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/gnome-session &

This is what it was before I removed some stuff:

#!/bin/sh

[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#twm &
exec gnome-session &

In both cases I get the blank twm screen and not the Gnome Desktop.

HELP??

Thanks, Jay