RE: accessing the rdh8.0 desktop via ssh

Thanks for the enlightenment...(pun intended)

turned out that the first problem was caused by my commenting out the
lines between

initlog $INITLOG_ARGS -c \
             "su ${display##*:} -c \"cd ~${display##*:} && [ -f
.vnc/passwd ] && vncserver :${display%%:*} $ARGS\""
#            "su ${display##*:} -c \"cd ~${display##*:} && [ -f
.vnc/passwd ] && vncserver :${display%%:*}\""

what I mean is that when the commented line was above the non-commented
line, it wouldn't work - strange but true...

as for the second issue, I am somewhat dense on window managers and have
gotten stuck on KDE but with RH 8, it probably doesn't much matter to me
whether I use GNOME or KDE - I am not knowledgable of the differences
between the two (spoken like a guy with a $60 video card and a $10 audio
card).

Some of this is important to me since I intend to try LTSP and this is
good for background...

Now if Redhat would update the Gnome 2.0 on RH8...

Craig