Re: ip_conntrack_ftp

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:40, Tommy McNeely wrote:

> my question.. which everyone keeps sorta dancing around :)
>
> is how do I make it load automatically at system boot time... will just
> specifying the options in /etc/modules.conf work for me? .. i see
> something about /etc/rc.modules in the /etc/rc.sysinit ?? or is there
> something like /etc/modules.autoload ??
>
> Tommy

The way I do this is to edit the /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables file and
where it begins the section starting with case "$1" in modify it to look
like this:

case "$1" in
  start)
	start
        insmod ip_conntrack_irc
        insmod ip_conntrack_ftp
        insmod ip_nat_ftp
	;;

  stop)
	stop
        rmmod ip_conntrack_irc
        rmmod ip_conntrack_ftp
        rmmod ip_nat_ftp
	;;

  restart)
	# "restart" is really just "start" as this isn't a daemon,
	#  and "start" clears any pre-defined rules anyway.
	#  This is really only here to make those who expect it happy
	start
        rmmod ip_conntrack_irc
        rmmod ip_conntrack_ftp
        rmmod ip_nat_ftp
        insmod ip_conntrack_irc
        insmod ip_conntrack_ftp
        insmod ip_nat_ftp
	;;

Save the file and as root issue service iptables restart.

Note I haven't tried this with the port parameters others have been
talking about...but for the standard port this works great for me.

--
Scott Kindley <ckindley@indy.rr.com>
You're being followed.  Cut out the hanky-panky for a few days.