Re: Weird error message with volume controller

On Saturday 04 January 2003 11:37 am, Cedric Chausson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I launch the Volume Control program from the Video and Sound
> menu, I can see the following error message :
>
> "Warning, this version of the GNOME volume controller has been
> compiled with the 3.8.2 version of OSS and your system is using the
> 3.8.16 version."
>
> I have installed alsa on my RH8.0 machine.
>
> Any ideas about this and how to correct it ?

I would try installing the Gnome package that contains the volume
controller by compiling it, or I would uninstall the 3.8.16 version
and install the 3.8.2 version via RPM.

Rob

--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and
lived
happily ever after.