RE:anoconda 2

Sat, 4 Jan 2003 Michael Schwendt wrote
"Run:

  $ apropos ext2 fsck
  $ rpm --query e2fsprogs

What do you get?"

When I paste it in with the dollar sign I get this

[root@localhost hugo]# $ apropos ext2 fsck
bash: $: command not found
[root@localhost hugo]#   $ rpm --query e2fsprogs
bash:  : command not found
[root@localhost hugo]#[root@localhost hugo]# $ apropos ext2 fsck
bash: $: command not found
[root@localhost hugo]#   $ rpm --query e2fsprogs
bash:  : command not found
[root@localhost hugo]#

When I take the dollar sign away I get this

[root@localhost hugo]# apropos ext2 fsck
debugfs              (8)  - ext2 file system debugger
dump                 (8)  - ext2 filesystem backup
dump [rdump]         (8)  - ext2 filesystem backup
e2fsadm              (8)  - ext2 filesystem / LVM administration
e2image              (8)  - Save critical ext2 filesystem data to a file
e2label              (8)  - Change the label on an ext2 filesystem
Filesysteme [fs]     (5)  - Linux Filesystem Arten: minix, ext, ext2,
xia, msdos                , umsdos, vfat, proc, nfs, iso9660, hpfs,
sysv, smb, ncpfs
filesystems [fs]     (5)  - Linux filesystem types: minix, ext, ext2,
ext3, xia,                 msdos, umsdos, vfat, proc, nfs, iso9660,
hpfs, sysv, smb, ncpfs
resize2fs            (8)  - ext2 file system resizer
dosfsck              (8)  - check and repair MS-DOS file systems
dosfsck [fsck]       (8)  - check and repair MS-DOS file systems
e2fsck               (8)  - check a Linux second extended file system
e2fsck [fsck]        (8)  - check a Linux second extended file system
fsck                 (8)  - check and repair a Linux file system
fsck.jfs [fsck]      (8)  - initiate replay of the JFS transaction log,
and chec                k and repair a JFS formatted device
fsck.minix [fsck]    (8)  - a file system consistency checker for Linux
reiserfsck           (8)  - check a Linux Reiserfs file system
xchkdmp              (8)  - dump the contents of a JFS fsck log file
created wit                h xchklog
xchklog              (8)  - extract a log from the JFS fsck workspace
into a fil                e
[root@localhost hugo]# rpm --query e2fsprogs
e2fsprogs-1.27-9
[root@localhost hugo]#

Looks like it's installed to me,but as a newbie ??