Re: DNS questions

On Friday 03 January 2003 08:37, Randy Kelsoe uttered:
> I am trying to setup a mailserver on a new internet connection. The
> domain has been registered, and I have a static IP. If I try and send
> mail to the new domain, the mail bounces, and I get a message like:

Sendmail on Red Hat doesn't listen to anything but localhost by default.  You
have to configure it to allow certian IP addresses to relay.  Please consult
the release notes, and sendmail documentation.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: