RE: mouting of USB-stick

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Tommy McNeely wrote:

> first.. make sure its "detected" (using dmesg) as the last USB "stick"
> device I tried to install had to be accessed through VMWARE in that shady
> OS they we all love to hate.
>
> second... I think you should try /dev/sda4 .. since thats what my friends
> USB zip drive came up as when he plugged it in .. which also WAXED my
> /dev/dvd link (which has strange effects)

ok, i have to ask ... what's a USB "stick"?  i have a laptop to which
i attach, on occasion, a USB zip drive and a CF card via a PCMCIA/CF
adapter.  the devices that they show up as:

zip drive:		/dev/sda4
CF card:		/dev/hdc1

  when you're plugging in one of these devices, take a look at
the tail end of /var/log/messages -- the device name typically
shows up there.

rday