Re: Printing with CUPS...

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 18:47, Brad wrote:
> Does anyone have a working Psyche client/server CUPS printing system?
I am
> having a lot of trouble getting a Psyche print server to accept print
jobs
> from a Psyche workstation, so if you have one working, I would love to
see
> your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and /etc/cups/client.conf files on both the
client
> and server.
>
> Cheers,
> Brad

I just gave cups a try a couple weeks ago and have it working. I
believe the only changes I made on the server were to the
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf file to add the line in the Location section to
allow connections from my local network (192.168.1.*)

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow from 192.168.1.*
</Location>

And then also on the server in the /etc/cups/client.conf, I put the
name of my machine (dave17) after the ServerName line:

ServerName dave17

Make certain you stop lpd on both the client and the server and start
cups on both of them.

I used the web interface to set up my printers on the server.

HTH,
Dave