Re: /usr at 100%

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 07:19, Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Die, 2002-12-31 um 14.53 schrieb Steven W. Orr:
> > TOO MUCH INFORMATION! But I'll try anyway. Based on what you've told us,
> > the following command will fix your problem:
> >
> > cd /usr; rm -rf *
>
> May be you are bothered by this question, but only a - frankly spoken -
> complete idiot will post such an "advice" an a list meant to support
> other, wich may by more or less new to Linux and may not recognize the
> consequences of such an "advice".

------
Actually, I laughed at the suggestion - but it would have been evil
advice for anyone that didn't know better.

It seems to me that there is probably some stuff left over from earlier
installs...I just can't easily identify any of it and thought that maybe
someone would be in the know of what might be there that is pointless.

Craig