Firewire Drives during install and boot

Hi All,

I have a firewire (ieee1394) drive connected to my 8.0 system that was recognized during install and allowed me to partition it exactly as you would any other drive. However, though the entry is in fstab on boot it fails to recognize the drive. The failure puts me into maintanence mode and will not allow normal boot to proceed until i remove the fstab entry.

I got it working by changing the fstab entry to treat it similar to a floppy or CD drive.

Is it possible to get the drive to be reconized at boot and automount like the rest of the file system?

Thanks,
Scott