Re: RAID 1 problem

--__--__--

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:45:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Justin Zygmont <jzygmont@solarflow.dyndns.org>
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: RAID 1 problem

I have been testing a raid 1 installation and I have noticed that only hda is actually bootable. I'm using / as the raid partition and when I disconnect hda and try to boot from hdc, all i get is a line saying GRUB and that's it. Both raid partitions are active on each drive.

First, where is your /BOOT partition? You should have one on each disk. Then,
using Grub, make each disk bootable. Each /BOOT must have a Grub folder wih a Grub grub.conf. You should have partitioned each disk identically. That way you can use
the same grub.conf. If you didn't, then each disk must have a gurb.conf configured
to match the partition scheme of that disk.

It worked for me.

Mike W