RE: RH8.0 as a internet router

IMHO, Shorewall (www.shorewall.net) is the best free system for
creating a firewall there is.  Just by editing some fairly simple
configuration files, you can set up masqerading, port forwarding,
blacklisting, and lots of other stuff that I don't really understand.
They have sample configuration files available to cover several
standard situtations, a really great mailing list where the author of
the system (Tom Eastep) answers most questions himself, and there's
even rpm and debian packages available.

Please, if you're gonna set up a Linux router/firewall system, do
yourself a favor and check out Shorewall.  Why reinvent the wheel?

Sincerely,
Jim Hubbard
              .--.
             |o_o |