Re: RH8.0 as a internet router

Im assuming that eth0 is your DSL connection and eth1 is your local
connection with an ip address of 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0.  I am also
assuming you want to use DHCP on your RH8 box, so here is the scenario I
would put into place:

first : echo "1" /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward "enables ip forwarding"

second : iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE "enables nat"

third : edit /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd to say "DHCPDARGS=eth1"  "enables DHCP
requests on eth1"

fourth : edit /etc/dhcpd.conf to say something liek this:
 default-lease-time 600;
 max-lease-time 7200;
 option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
 option broadcast-address 10.0.0.255;
 option routers 10.0.0.1;
 option domain-name-servers 204.127.202.4,216.148.227.68;
 option domain-name "nos.homelinux.com";
 subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0{
 range 10.0.0.5 10.0.0.100;
}
 ddns-update-style ad-hoc;

fifth : touch /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases  "this is the file that holds
DHCP leases, its not created by defualt so you use the touch command to
create it"

And walla, you have a RH 8.0 Internet Router that also issues local DHCP
addresses.

If you need anything else please let us know.

Chris