Re: Getting Personal Security Manager installed

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 17:24, Dave Yantis wrote:
(snip)
> ># up2date -fui
> >

> Thanks.  That did the trick.
>
> Follow-up question - I was using the up2date GUI version and it did
> not appear to give me an option of getting a specific package.
> Obviously, by running it from a console gave me the option.
>
> Is there a way to force an install with up2date from the GUI? IOW,
> instead of using RPM to install an older version from my CD and then
> up2date to get it updated, can I just go to up2date an have it
> install the latest of, say, xmms?  Even if I do not know the version
> number?

Not through the gui on the machine, but through the website
(https://rhn.redhat.com) you can schedule installation of packages not
currently on the machine. The packages you select on the website would
be installed within two hours. Much easier to use the command line
version of up2date to do this unless you have dozens of machines to
install a package on.

--
Chris Kloiber