Re: Onboard sound problems with Asus A7V333-X mobo

> Hello,
> I have installed Psyche on a system with an ASUS A7V333-X mobo with
> onboard sound.
> The sound hardware is:
>
> VIA Technologies
> VT8233 AC97 Audio Controller
> This is recognised and an attempt made to load the driver
> via82cxxx-audio.
>
> However it fails:

I am sorry that i can not actually help, but... in case no one else
answers you, i can tell you i have installed Rh8 on an A7V333 mainboard
using onboard sound and it worked fine w/ no changes on my part, luckily
as i know precious little.

if you get to a point you think you have it but need to see some file or
something on that sys, (A7V333), i could probably get the owner to send
me a copy to send to you for info.

dw