Re: Need info on i386 SMP kernel

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:17:40 -0800 (PST)
"Chris D." <ianx1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just upgraded from RH7.2 to RH8.0.  I have an old
> dual 100Mhz Pentium system (Intel Neptune specs if I
> remember right) and the installer on RH7.2 was able to
> recognize the two processors and set up the SMP kernel
> for GRUB.  Now that I have RH8.0, I no longer have
> that option.  Tried looking everywhere for information
> about SMP kernels and/or issues regarding this matter,
> to no avail.  The only thing left for me that I can
> see is creating my own custom kernel, something I have
> little experience with and would rather not mess with
> until I am more familiar with this particular activity
> as it may take a heck of a looooong time for someone
> like me to do, let alone comprehend.  But if need be,
> then... well, BRING IT ON!  Would just need info on
> where to find documentation on doing this right =)
> Thanks!

Red Hat 8.0 does not ship with any i386 kernels.  Read the hardware
requirements for installing Red Hat 8.0.  I do believe that there was an
i386 kernel released as errata, but it's not on the install media.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: