Re: further adventures

Craig:

In earlier posts, you were trying to install a SOURCE RPM package. Not a
compiled RPM. So, getting a bash prompt after you "install" it is normal
(I think it just extracts it to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES).

On my system (which happily plays MP3s), I have the following XMMS
packages:

xmms-mp3-1.2.7-13.p
xmms-1.2.7-13.p

xmms-1.2.7-13.p.i386.rpm is on your RedHat CDs (not sure which one, I
always make an NFS share for RedHat so I don't have to dig out the CDs),
and xmms-mp3-1.2.7-13.p.i386.rpm is the one you download from
psyche.freshrpms.net. Once both are installed (rpm -ivh <rpmname>), xmms
should work fine.

Hope this helps, I'm no expert, that's just how I made it work.

--
--------
Ben Brown