Re: Psyche is not rapid, why???

Most people agree that Linux is able to work in old-hw-environment. But,
to be precise, Linux for that kind of purpose in only for certain
functionality such as router, etc

If you consider to use X you have to make sure that you have the proper
level of HW. Currently, I'm working on my p3/400 with 128 ram, with xfce
for the window manager. Pretty fast, as long as I don't open to many
application, and I won't to do that.

I'm satisfied working in console environment. Email, yahoo messenger,
editing. For writing documents? Mmm, tough there are several office apps
in Linux, but I prefer to type it on my msoffice (or type it in vim and
send it to my other box)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 10:14:36AM -0500, Javier E. Tia Marin wrote:
> > how to am able to do it(Psyche) more rapid?
> > -what parameters must keep in mind for a good performance of the system?
> >
> > I have a PIII, 128 MB RAM, 866 MHZ y 256 cache, 256 MB SWAP,
> > I am using only this one services: ssh, X, cron, kuzku.
>
> Simply put, you're not meeting the recommended configuration.  The
> *minimum* for X is 128MB and the recommended is 192MB.  You've just
> found out why Red Hat made the recommendation.  Turn X off until you can
> install more memory.
>
>         .../Ed

thx
.dave

Psychoanalysis is that mental illness for which it regards itself a therapy.
		-- Karl Kraus

Psychiatry is the care of the id by the odd.

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
		-- C.G. Jung