Tenet window scrolling on win 9* boxes

Hi,

I'm on a school network and have a RedHat 8 box set up for the computer club so play with. I also use telnet to computer to launch a SSH session to my home computer (which refuses telnet). I don't install SSH on the windows clients because there are too many of them, our network is (reportedly) secure, and I'm not the admin. I understand that telnet is a great way to give my passwords out.

That said. I often find that when using VI in a telnet window and scrolling one line at a time, only the last line of text changes. This makes text-editing a real pain. Scrolling works much better by specifying 20 lines at a time, but it's still a pain.
Is it possible, and does anyone know how to get my telnet server to force the screen to refresh with each scroll command? Keep in mind that I have control over the redhat box, but not all the windows computers we access it from.

Thanks for your ideas!

Ben Dugdale

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]