need MID sound support - getting plugger and RealOne Player toco-exist???

I downloaded and installed the Unix/Linux community supported RealOne
Player from this site:
http://scopes.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html#.
However, in order to run the player as a helper application BUT NOT
as an inline application. I had to uninstall Plugger 4.0, as plugger would
complain that it could not find a realplayer module.

However, without plugger installed, I cannot listen to MIDI files in my browser.
I'm now receiving electronic greeting cards from friends and family, but I cannot
hear the associated sound clips, since plugger is NOT installed. For that matter,
I can't even play a MIDI file with xmms.

... a catch-22 situation here... or could someone kindly point me how I may
get *both* Plugger 4.0 _and_ RealPlayer One to happily co-exist? BTW,
the RealPlayer One interface (IMHO) is quite nice, and it plays both streaming
audio (*.lsc) as well as the usual video clips.

Elton Woo ;-)

--
elwoo@videotron.ca - ICQ #149608718 (Montreal, Quebec, CANADA).
LINUX Reg'd User #193975 - AMD Athlon CPU on board.