Re: Macromedia Flash plugin 6 released for x86 Linux

> On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 01:01, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> The format is "open" only if you sign an NDA to receive the
>> specifications.  If you read that page, you will see that they allow
>> you  to only make apps that output SWF files, not play SWF.
>
> And this is a good reason to not use or support it.
>
> I guess flash can be useful for making kids web games, but I'd rather
> see java games.  Anyway, flash is one of the things that annoys me most
> about the web.

So sorry to hear that you hate flash so much, but just to give you a heads
up on the great BLINKING NEON sign we call the internet.

Flash is going to be the standard for creating web sites, streaming music
and chat rooms.

My basis for this is that Flash has the web development community behind
it and it will soon integrate very nicely with Java server side not just
Cold Fusion.