Re: kernel panic!

>On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 10:14, Rigoberto de la Cruz
>wrote:
>> I was wondering what a kernel panic code means...
CAPS
>> LOCK and SCROLL LOCK are flashing (at the same
time).
>> Does anyone know what that means? does anyone know
>> here to find any info... thanks...
>
>Hello Rigoberto,
>
>A kernel panic is essentially when the Linux kernel
>barfs out.  Kinda
>like the Windows "Blue screen of death."  If there
>is something that is
>repeatedly causing a Kernel Panic, you should find
>away to correct it,as that is abnormal behavior.
>
>Andrew

Hello Andrew.. thanks for your response... I did not
express what I wanted to know.. the problem is that
I'm getting a kernel panic... unfortunately I'm using
X, so I can not see anything except for the blinking
lights... I was wondering if I could get any
information from the lights, because I haven't been
fortunate to identify the source of the kernel panic.
Could this happen when a power supply is not
"supplying enough power." I just installed a new video
card (GEFORCE 4) and added a hdd... could this be the
problem.. thanks

Rigo