Re: Dynamic E-Mail Signatures

Well....if you mean that people have rotating sigs of some sort....well
then I can help you.

My sigs rotate on a schedule....(I have spare CPU....why not....)

I made a little script:
#!/bin/csh
@ numsigs=`ls -l /home/cspencer/sigs/sig* | wc | awk -- '{print $1}'`
@ num=`cat /home/cspencer/sigs/.last`
@ num=$num + 1
if ($num == $numsigs) @ num=1
cp /home/cspencer/sigs/sig$num /home/cspencer/.sig
echo "$num" > /home/cspencer/sigs/.last

and I set it up in my crontab to run every 10 minutes:
cspencer@chriss2:~$ crontab -l
*/10 * * * * /home/cspencer/rotatesig.csh

Sure...it's a waste of resources....and it is a little wear and tear on
your computer....but look at what I get....I can rotate through any
number of sigs all day long.

Frankly that makes me happy.  Isn't my happiness worth a little wear and
tear on my computer?  I say:  YES!

-Chris

--
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect
liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born