RE: Hostname help

1. You only need to work in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
2. lmhosts.sam is not used.  It is sample lmhosts file.  If you want to use
it, you must copy it to lmhosts.  Unless you have lmhosts lookup enabled in
your tcp/ip properties under windows, I wouldn't worry about it, because it
is not used.
3. Edit c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.  Add lines at the end of the
file after the # signs, such as thus:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hostname
Substitute the xxx's with the ip-address and hostname with the hostname of
your linux box, and you will be able to ping the hostname.

JMF