Saving currnet configuration to floppy

I've just installed RH8.0 and everything seems to be going fine.  I've
had troubles in the past after upgrading 7.2 using the up2date command.
Last time it seemed to corrupt the database and I had to reinstall, or
fcsk the disk, something I had no idea about.  I'm thinking of trying
the up2date command again but am afraid of having the same thing
happen.  It seems that just when I get the realplayer installed and
tweak my machine to run how I want it something happens.  Anyway, how do
save the current configuration to a floppy so I can get my current
configuration back in case something goes wrong.