Open Office and java

Hi, everybody,

In the default OpenOffice.org package in Red Hat Linux 8.0 there is no
support for OpenOffice jars and java. They are needed to connect the
java-UNO components, and we need them for a project (open source, you
can find about it on moma.sf.net, as soon as someone will upload the
site...). More over, I was unable to connect OpenOffice to the postgres
database with JDBC (all setup properly, at least at jdbc and postgres
side).

Is there someone who has tips on how to setup such connections?

Will I need to download the jars or grab them from a clean (not red hat)
OpenOffice.org installation?

Thank you for your time

Mario