RE: Hostname help

Simply edit /etc/sysconfig/network file.  Change the HOSTNAME= line to your
FQDN.  e.g. HOSTNAME=foobar.foo.com, foo.com is your domain and foobar is
your hostname.  Also, change your the hosts file to also reflect the FQDN.
With DHCP, you will need to put the IP address in there that is dynamically
assigned to you.  Another alternative is to specify your ServerName in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, but I prefer changing your hostname via the
network file.  After the change, reboot, do a hostname, and you should see
the FQDN you set it too.

JMF