From: Gregory Gulik [mailto:greg@gulik.org]
Sent: Wed, December 11, 2002 5:18 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: Automatically setting the MTU to non-default...

Due to a goofy configuration with a VPN running between two PPPoE
connected networks I need to have an MTU set that's lower than the
default 1500.

Currently I added some code to /etc/rc.local to set it if it's one of
those networks but I'm wondering if there is a cleaner "more correct"
way of setting this up???

The GUI doesn't have a way of doing that and I can't find a way in the
standard startup scripts?

Is there a better way or should I just stick to my ugly hack?

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org                           http://www.drivingevents.com/