Re: Getting eth0 to work

The lack of the ifcfg-eth0 file is the problem.  Copy the stuff from
below, run ifup eth0 and it should come up.

You may need to also check the /etc/sysconfig/network settings for
something sane.

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=system.domain.com
GATEWAY=11.22.33.44

-Michael

>>> mcdougrs@yahoo.com 12/11/02 03:58PM >>>
Can I just make that ifcfg-eth0 file? because I don't have that on my
system.
I also recieved these errors wheh I ran dhclient eth0:

No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistant database - sleeping
/sbin/dhclient-script: configuration for eth0 not found.

Thanx for all the help so far... I feel we are colse to resolving this

http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk